Catholic Foundation Stones
At St John's we encourage all staff to undertake the Catholic Foundation Stones programme. This programme is undertaken with staff from across the BKCAT Trust. Staff are then welcomed to the annual Trust Mass and presented with a certificate in recognition of their participation in the course.
It is a basic introduction to the Catholic faith. It is simple and straightforward and can be used with all kinds of different groups and individuals:
• People who are interested in learning something about the Catholic Faith
• People who are interested in becoming Catholics
• Catholics who wish to deepen their knowledge of the Faith
• Catholics who are returning to the practice of their Faith
• Staff in Catholic Schools, both Catholic and non-Catholic, who would benefit from learning more about the faith that underpins where they work
Structured around the four sections of the Catechism of the Catholic Church, the twelve sessions of Catholic Foundations Stones will be useful in many different areas of parish and school catechesis and faith formation.
'I highly recommend this resource for use in Catholic parishes and schools. For anyone who wants to deepen their understanding of the Catholic Faith, Catholic Foundation Stones is a very accessible and inviting place to begin.'
From the Foreword by Rt Rev Arthur Roche,
Archbishop Secretary of the Congregation for Divine Worship and Discipline of the Sacraments, Rome